The Center for NanoSpace Technologies (The Center) is an internationally focused, Texas USA based, research foundation chartered to conceive, establish and conduct selective cutting edge technology, research and development. These technologies are then infused into the Aerospace, Education, Energy, Life Sciences, and Shipping/Transportation industries.
The Center provides proof of concept for emerging technologies and risk mitigation in support of Scientific Research and Development. This is accomplished through technology investigation, demonstration and prototyping, and coordination and integration activities, in support of technology transition or insertion into operational efforts. The Center's efforts are related to requirements and/or needs generated by Special Program Offices (SPO). The Center's efforts require integration with the Systems Requirements studies, the systems development efforts and the system engineering efforts of the SPO’s in order to accomplish the primary objectives of The Center.
We are at the beginning of an extremely promising growth phase, and are looking for motivated team players to build one of the country's top applied research & development organizations. You will be working with bright and motivated individuals to deliver technology solutions to one or more of the Aerospace, Education, Energy, Life Sciences or Shipping/Transportation industries, dependent upon background and qualifications.
We are at the beginning of an extremely promising growth phase in the field of Nanomaterials, and are looking for a motivated individual to build an advanced research & development program which will deliver technology solutions related to the application of Nanocoatings and lubricants with specific reference to Nanodiamonds and powders.
The primary responsibility of a project manager is to apply their knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to build and manage a project team of research professionals focused on the delivery of specified nanotechnologies which can be delivered to market.
All project managers belong to the industry specific Special Program Office (SPO) reporting to the Director (D/SPO)
All customers have an account/engagement manager responsible for generating business with that customer and managing the customer relationship. Project managers working for that customer will work with the account/engagement manager to achieve these goals
All staff assigned to the project will directly report to the project manager on project-related activities for the duration of the project.
Major Activities In order to achieve the primary responsibility the project manager shall execute the following major activities:
- Pre-project pursuit and bid support
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Control
Please note: At initiation, job location is flexible. We will consider all candidates who have the ability to telecommute and travel to project meetings in the Middle East.
Only applications submitted through bayt.com will be considered.
- At least 10 years project management experience
- Research expertise related to the application of high efficiency lubricants and coatings, heat transfer, Nanodiamonds and powders related to aerospace, transportation, and energy applications
- Advanced Degree, PHD preferred, in Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent leadership, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse entrepreneurial team committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to work with a broad range of people -- from students and classroom educators to elected officials and corporate leaders
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate as necessary
- Proven technology systems development and creative track record
- Management of multiple/concurrent projects
- Experience of both custom and component based development
- Business analysis
- Professional services and/or systems background
- Commitment to technology and business solutions
- Commitment to help shape and influence a rapidly growing enterprise
- Technology delivery
United Arab Emirates
Management (Manager/Director of Staff)