NOTE: These are Ad-hoc positions needed in response to specific Requests for Proposals (RFP's). See "Active RFP's"
About the Center
The Center for NanoSpace Technologies (The Center) is an Internationally focused, Texas based, nonprofit research foundation chartered to conceive, establish and conduct selective cutting edge technology, research and development. These technologies are then infused into the Aerospace, Education, Energy, Life Sciences, and Shipping/Transportation industries.
The Center is to provide proof of concept of emerging technologies and risk mitigation in support of Scientific Research and Development. This is accomplished through technology investigation, demonstration and prototyping, as well as through coordination and integration activities, in support of technology transition or insertion into operational efforts. The Center's efforts are related to requirements and/or needs generated by Special Program Offices (SPO). The Center's efforts require integration with the Systems Requirements studies, the systems development efforts and the system engineering efforts of the SPO’s in order to accomplish the primary objectives of The Center
We are at the beginning of an extremely promising growth phase, and are looking for motivated team players to build one of the country's top applied research & development organizations. You will be working with bright and motivated individuals to deliver technology solutions to one or more of the Aerospace, Education, Energy, Life Sciences or Shipping/Transportation industries, dependent upon background and qualifications.
Currently, we have an opportunities for Project Managers /Visioneers in each of the following Research areas:
Life Sciences, and
The primary responsibility of a project manager is to apply their knowledge, skills, techniques and tools to program and project activities in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations from the program or project.
All project managers belong to the industry specific Special Program Office (SPO) reporting to the Director (D/SPO)
When a particular project belongs to a program of projects, the project manager will report directly to the program manager (SPO Division Chief)
All customers have an account/engagement manager responsible for generating business with that customer and managing the customer relationship. Project managers working for that customer will work with the account/engagement manager to achieve these goals
All staff assigned to the project will directly report to the project manager on project-related activities for the duration of the project.
In order to achieve the primary responsibility the project manager shall execute the following major activities.
· Pre-project pursuit and bid support - Project managers will support the account/engagement managers in preparing high quality, risk-managed proposals through executing the proposal project planning process.
· Project Initiation - on customer acceptance of an offer and assignment of a project manager to a project the project manager will prepare the project for initiation
· Project Planning - following initiation the project manager will execute the core planning processes of scope planning, scope definition, activity definition, activity sequencing, activity duration estimating, schedule development, resource planning, cost estimating, cost budgeting and project plan development.
· Project Execution - following approval of the project plan the project can move into full project plan execution supported by scope verification, quality assurance, team development, information distribution (and where necessary solicitation, source selection and contract administration).
· Project Control - project execution will be controlled through the core processes of performance reporting and overall change control and the facilitating processes of scope change control, schedule control, cost (labor, non-labor and third party) control, quality control and risk response control.
- At least 5 years project management experience
- Proven technology systems development and creative track record
- Management of multiple/concurrent projects
- Formal project management methods/experience
- Experience of both custom and component based development
- Business analysis
- Professional services and/or systems background
- Budget responsibility of 1 million plus
- Commitment to technology and business solutions
- Commitment to help shape and influence a rapidly growing enterprise
- Technology delivery
NOTE: These are Ad-hoc positions needed in response to specific Requests for Proposals (RFP's). See "Active RFP's" Strong preference will be given for knowledge of, and experience working with, International foundations, donors, corporations and non-profit organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their Resume' (Word format preferred) to Applicants